Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chatting with Mrs. Seaver

This afternoon Mrs. Seaver came to our class to discuss other people's feelings. We talked about different ways to not only help out our fellow classmates, but also people we work and live with! What a great concept to teach our kids at this age. It's something we can all use a little refresher in from time to time. I loved hearing their ideas on how we can help people to feel better!

We also talked about how our feelings about certain "things" may change over time.

Some of the comments from the class meeting today...

"Just because you have different feelings about something from your friend's doesn't mean you can't be friends."

"When I was younger I liked to go swimming and....I still do!"

"When I was younger I didn't like to swim because I didn't know how, but now I love it!"

Isn't it fun to get inside their minds for a little while...just for a little while. :)

No comments: